The Dignity programme brings this reality out of the shadows and supports churches in grappling with the issues involved. To find out more about the background to the Dignity initiative click here.
A specially commissioned DVD accompanies this initiative to help leaders engage with scriptural wisdom on gender based violence (GBV) in all its forms. Its thought-provoking contents will equip individuals and congregations to understand the level of abuse encountered in communities worldwide, and to think through their responses.
- Find out how you can help to tackle the problem through established BMS projects in India and Thailand
- Support a co-ordinated education and advocacy outreach in Uganda, Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- Pray for the launch of a safe house and rehabilitation project in the UK
- Join the BMS 24:7 Justice Partners scheme
- Sign up for a weekly email to receive Dignity updates, related stories and news of BMS work around the world
The Dignity DVD includes:
- A theological overview of the issue from Dr Stephen Holmes (University of St Andrews)
- Ministerial reflections by Anne Wilkinson-Hayes, Head of Mission Enabling at the Baptist Union of Victoria, Australia
- Compelling videos from BMS mission personnel
- Sermon and small group stimuli from Dr Stephen Holmes (University of St Andrews), David Kerrigan (General Director of BMS World Mission), and Graham Doel (UK Field Leader, BMS World Mission)
- Stories that unpack how GBV is affecting women and girls in a cross-section of the countries where BMS operates
Take a stand against GBV
The free DVD will is now available to order. It will help you mobilise your church and equip your leadership team to respond. Order your copy below, and sign up for the BMS weekly email update to receive Dignity updates, related stories and news of BMS work around the world.
Take a step towards Dignity and join us now.
Sign up for the BMS weekly email update and receive Dignity news
Order your copy of the Dignity DVD
Follow and inform the Dignity agenda on Facebook and Tumblr.
BMS is a founder member of We Will Speak Out, a global coalition of Christians committed to seeing the end of sexual violence in communities across the world. Read more.
Be blessed, be a blessing